St. Mark’s United Methodist, 3502 Clairemont Dr, San Diego, CA 92117:
The Sinfonia returns to St. Mark’s United Methodist with a varied program highlighting the music of French composers. The feature work will be
- Camille Saint-Saëns: powerful Symphony No. 3, which boasts a large and colorful orchestra, featuring both piano and pipe organ!
- Charles Gounod: Saltarello, a rollicking dance
- Georges Bizet: Micaëla's Aria, from the passionate opera "Carmen"
- Erik Satie: Two Gymnopedies, lovingly orchestrated by his friend Claude Debussy.
- Hector Berlioz: Hungarian March almost-opera/oratorio "Damnation of Faust,"
- Jacques Offenbach: Overture to “Orpheus in the Underworld,” complete with its iconic "Can-Can!"